With the 2012 version of our website, we have changed the way you will RSVP for events. Instead of emailing the host, you’ll claim a ticket for the event. It’s easy and instantly gratifying!
Claiming a Ticket the First Time
- Events > Calendar of Events
- Click the title of the event you plan to attend. Here, you’ll find all the public details about the event.
For privacy reasons, events held in members homes do not show the exact event location on the site. You can request the address when you Claim a Ticket for that event.
- At the bottom of the event description, you’ll see a split form to:
(on the right) log into or sign up for an account on our site.
- If you have never created an account, click the Sign Up link > type in a username > enter your email address > click the Register button.
Then, follow the instructions sent to you by email to log in for the first time and change your password.
This is not an “eVite”-type system; your name will not appear on our site without your prior consent. If you have privacy concerns about using your real name for your account handle, feel free to use a nickname or a different spelling.
A working email address is required to confirm your ticket.
- Once you are logged into your account, return to the event description. Pull down the number of tickets you’d like to claim, add a comment or ask a question if you like.
This comments box is a great place to suggest a movie or ask the host for their address for the event.
Click the button to Send your booking.
- Once you have claimed a ticket, you’ll get an ~instant email back from the site.
- After the host/ess has had time to process bookings (and personally reply to comments and questions), you will get another confirmation email that the ticket has been processed.
Claiming a Ticket Subsequent Times
- Use the calendar to find the event you’d like to attend.
- At the bottom of the event description, log into your account and allow the page to reload.
- Pull down the number of tickets you’d like to claim, add a comment or ask a question if you like, and click the button to Send your booking.
- Check your email for the two confirmations (one instant and one later personally processed by the host/ess).
Change a Booking
Do you need to cancel? Or, is your BFF coming to town and you need to add her to the event? No problem!
- Manage your bookings
- Click the Cancel link (and then OK) to cancel your booking.
- If you need to add someone, cancel your booking and then book with the correct number.
Change Your Account
- Edit your profile any time you need to change your name, email address, password, etc.
- Make the changes.
- Click the Update Profile button at the bottom.
Lost Your password?
- Reclaim your account with your email address.
- Follow the emailed instructions.
Hate your handle?
When accounts are auto-created via a shortcut, they use the email handle and three digits to make up a username that is difficult to remember. We’re happy to help you out if this happened to you.
- Email our webmaster to have your account changed.
Our Group Culture
In addition to being childfree, we have some other things in common, too. Our members tend to be reliable and punctual. In short, we are a group of good guests.
If you have privacy concerns, you are not alone. We keep private information, well, private.
Thank you all for your patience with us as we learn the best way (for both organizers & members) to make use of this new feature on our site.